Wednesday 24 September 2008

Assessment Objectives

AOi = Key Concepts (M.I.G.R.A.I.N)
AOii= Wider Context (historical, social, economic and political). Must offer both analysis and contextualisation of the text.
AOiii.1 = Issues, debates and theories
AOiii.2= To be able to analyse critically and comparatively two texts in order to account for their similarties and differences.
AO5= The ability to use appropriate investigative and research techniques.
The ones I feel are the hardest listed 1-5, 1 being
the easiest 5 being the hardest and targets on how to improve:
1) AO5 - Get outside knowledge not only about my main text but other texts (look at media guardian website at least once a week).
2) AOi - Look at loads of trailers and clips and just practise MIGRAIN.
3) AOiii.2 - Watch texts and just practise comparing the texts together showing the similarities as well as differences, also do it in time conditions to prepare myself for the exam.
4) AOiii.1 - Research about all the theorist and try to find ways into how I could use them in media, as well as my essay.
5) AOii - Same as AO5 but this is harder because it asks for social, political, economic and historical, so again further outside reading like library books and not just using the internet.

No comments: